Purpose: See how you can arrange for a carrier to collect parcels directly from your location, either on a fixed day per week or as a one-off incidental pickup.
What is a pickup?
You can request that a carrier collects parcels directly from your warehouse or store location. There are two types of available pickups:
- Incidental (one time) pickups, which you can arrange through the Sendcloud panel for specific carriers on an ad-hoc basis; or
- Recurring (fixed) pickups which you can arrange to occur every week on a set day.
Please make sure that you have printed off a pickup report before your parcel collection. The delivery driver must sign and date this report at the time of collection and you must retain this documentation for your own records. This document serves as proof of collection and will be requested in order to file a claim for lost or damaged parcels.
You can read all about how to create a pickup report in our article How to create a pickup report.
How to request an incidental pickup
Via the Sendcloud panel
- Before you can request a pickup through the panel, you must first enter a pickup address in your Sendcloud address settings. To do this go to Settings > Addresses > Pickup Address > Create New and enter the details for the location where your parcels are available for collection.
Important: please note that your pickup address must match the sender address as shown on your shipping label(s).
- Click Pickups at the top of the panel and select Request a pickup. You can only request a pickup for parcels for which you have already created and printed a shipping label.
- Click One time pickup
- Select your pickup address and your desired carrier.
- Fill in the form
- Click Request pickup
Via the API
When creating a pickup via the API, the pickup address is dynamic and, therefore, it isn't necessary to use a pickup address already saved in your Sendcloud account.
You can use the API to schedule a pickup with the following carriers:
How to request a recurring pickup
You can request a recurring pickup on a specific day per week, multiple times per week, or even daily pickups, depending on your needs and on the carriers' conditions.
Via the panel
To request a recurring pickup directly from your Sendcloud panel, follow these steps:
- In your Sendcloud panel, go to Pickups > Request a pickup
- Select Recurring pickup
- Enter your pickup address and select the carrier
- Fill in the form
- Click Request pickup to send your request to the carrier
- Once your request is approved by the carrier, a support agent from Sendcloud will contact you via email to confirm.
Through Sendcloud support
For any other carriers that you use with our Sendcloud rates and that support recurring pickups, you can request a fixed pickup by contacting our support team well in advance before the first collection day.
Your shipping volume may determine if you meet the requirements for a parcel pickup. Please note that available times can vary and are subjected to the availability of the local office.
The carriers listed below are the ones which are currently available for creating incidental pickups. For unlisted carriers, we can arrange a recurring pickup on your behalf.
- Minimum 1 parcel per pickup
- Cost per pickup: Incidental (same day) 4.20 / Incidental (future day) 2.29 / Weekly (recurring) 7.00 (GBP)
Drop-off at a service point
If you don't wish to schedule a pickup or if your Sendcloud plan does not allow it, you can also drop off your packages at a service point for pickup and delivery by the carrier. You must have created and printed your shipping labels before dropping off your parcels at the location of your choice.
Please keep in mind that non-compliance with the aforementioned conditions may result in the carrier levying a surcharge, which will be reflected in your upcoming invoices. When shipping with any carrier you automatically accept their terms and conditions. If you schedule a pickup directly with the driver or local office, Sendcloud is NOT responsible for any incidents incurred, including failed pickups and lost/damaged or delayed parcels.