Purpose: Learn how to offer service point delivery to your customers.
Offering several delivery options to your customers increases your conversion rate. With Sendcloud, you can offer service point delivery in your Shopify checkout. To do this, you have to set up service point delivery both in your Sendcloud panel Sendcloud and in your Shopify admin. Follow carefully our instructions:
Step 1: Activate your carrier/s in Sendcloud
First of all, make sure that you activate the carrier/s that you want to ship with by reading the instructions in the section that is relevant to you:
Ship with Sendcloud rates
From your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Carriers > Carrier selection > Select country > Find your carrier/s in the list > Click Activate.
Ship with your own contract rates
From your Sendcloud account, go to Settings > Carriers > My own contracts > +Add contract > Find your carrier/s and activate contract. For a more detailed explanation read our guide How can I add my own carrier contract?.
Step 2: Enable service point delivery in Sendcloud
Once your carriers are active, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Integrations and click Configure to edit the settings of your Shopify webshop
- Tick the box Service Points and the carrier for which you want to activate this delivery option (for instance, a standard and an express delivery option)
Step 3: Set up shipping zones in Shopify
- Go back to your Shopify admin and go to Settings > Shipping and delivery
- Find the shipping profile where you want to add a shipping zone and click Manage
You will find shipping zones that have already been created by Shopify. Those include, for example, your domestic country.
- Click Create zone, give it a name and select the countries and regions that you want to include.
- Click Done, and then click Save
Step 4: Add your rates in Shopify
- Choose the shipping zone for which you want to add service point delivery. In this example, we will add it to our domestic country (The Netherlands).
- Click Add a rate
- Name it "Service Point Delivery" - any other name won't work
- Click Add conditions to additional conditions if you wish (optional), like a price range or a weight range
Tip: If you want to display separated maps for each carrier you have activated, add a rate for each of them and use the title "Service Point Delivery + Name of the carrier". For instance :
- Service Point Delivery UPS
- Service Point Delivery PostNL
How to edit your service point delivery rates in Shopify
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping and delivery
- Choose the shipping profile that you want to edit a rate in and click Manage
- Find the service point delivery rate that you want to edit and click the
- In the dropdown menu, click Edit rate
- Make any necessary changes and click Done, then Save