Purpose: You can offer your customers the option to have their parcels delivered to a local service point. This is a guide on how you can implement this feature in your Lightspeed webshop.
Step 1: Enable Service points in Sendcloud
In your Sendcloud account, navigate to Settings > Integrations and click on "edit" under your Lightspeed shop integration.
In the Lightspeed settings page in Sendcloud, click the box which says "Service Points" and select the carriers for which you want to activate delivery to service points.
Step 2: Enable Service points in Lightspeed
- Return to your Lightspeed back-end and click on Setting > Shipping Methods'
- Click on the
Add manual shipping methodbutton
- Select ‘Default shipping’ and click on
- Note that the following titles are mandatory to allow the map to be displayed during checkout :
- "service point delivery" for English
- "servicepunt levering" for Dutch
- "paketshop zustellung" for German
- "livraison en point relais" for French
- Fill out the following information
- Add a shipping rate
- Select a country or zone for which this shipping method will apply
- Add a tax rate
- Define the visibility of the shipping method
Savebutton in the top right corner
Important note for users of the "native service point" implementations in Lightspeed:
Carriers like bpost and PostNL offer special checkout modules to integrate service point shipping methods in Lightspeed. Those checkout modules register data in a different way. We do not support those implementations any longer. If you want to offer service point delivery shipping methods to your user you should use the Sendcloud implementation.
To understand how service points work with Sendcloud and have more information please visit our FAQ.