Purpose: This guide explains how to troubleshoot issues that you might encounter using the WooCommerce Integration.
Security plug in by WooCommerce blocks importer
If you have installed a security plug-in in your WooCommerce, certain settings must be switched off for the importer to work.
Click on the security plug in and scroll to 'filter long url strings', this option must be disabled.
Importer doesn't work
Check in the WooCommerce environment whether the permissions for the API keys are set to read/write. This is necessary to correctly import the data.
Orders are imported with delay
When you are fetching the orders, please implement the Cache-Control HTTP header with the no-cache Request Directives parameter, as described in this documentation. This will make it possible for Sendcloud to ignore cache and retrieve the newest orders.
WooCommerce unknown error occurred
There may be an unknown error in the importer of your WooCommerce for various reasons:
- Check if everything in your WooCommerce environment is up to date, if you have updated everything, the problem may be solved, then log in & out of your Sendcloud account.
- If everything is up to date and the error still occurs, you can check whether your URL is set correctly. You can find this in your Sendcloud account under settings -> connected shops -> Woocommerce. Here you can also see the public key and secret key, above is the URL of your webshop. Check if you have an URL with www. or without www. when you visit your site. For example: http://www.sendcloud.nl/ or http://sendcloud.nl/, do not forget the / at the end of your URL. Also check for http:// or https://
- Check whether the permalinks in your settings are NOT set to 'standard'.
- If this does not work either, create new keys in your WooCommerce account and choose the read/write functionality.
Creating new API keys
- In your WordPress / WooCommerce admin go to the WooCommerce> Settings > Advanced tab
- Click on the subheading REST API
- Click on Add key
- Enter a Description, make sure you select a user who has all rights, and choose 'Read/Write' in Permissions.
- Click on Generate API Key and then you get the new keys. Copy both keys in your Woocommerce's shop setting in Sendcloud.
- Log in & out again in your Sendcloud account.