Magento is one of the most used open source e-commerce platforms worldwide. SendCloud created a plug & play integration for the Magento V2 environment.
Benefits for your shop:
- Import orders & print shipping labels automatically;
- Get access to the SendCloud location picker: The most complete Parcel shop picker for your customer;
- See the status of your shipments in your Magento & SendCloud environment;
Compatible versions: 2.0.x - 2.2.x
Follow the steps below to do the integration
1. Go to Magento Marketplace
- Go to Magento Marketplace or search for SendCloud in the search bar;
- Choose Magento 2, and select Your store version;
- Click on Add to Cart on the next page;
- Click on the Shopping cart and then on Proceed to checkout;
- Log in with your Magento account, or create a new account for free;
- When you've placed the order, you'll be redirected to the next page. There you should click on Install;
- After being redirected to the new page, you have to generate an Access Key by clicking the Create a New Access Key button. On that page, you can click on the link shown in the picture below for instructions on installation.
2. Go to your Magento back-end and log in
- Click on System > Web Setup Wizard > Extension manager;
- At Extensions ready to Install you need to click on Review and Install;
- A list of the extensions that can be installed, including the SendCloud extension, appears. Press Install;
- Choose Next at step 1 and 2 of the installation, and on Install at step 3;
- If this is done successfully, you'll receive a Success message, as shown below.
3. Cache Flush and log out
- Go to System > Cache management, and press on Flush Magento Cache;
- When you see Cache is cleaned successfully, you are required to logout from your Magento Admin interface. This step is required to refresh all the permissions for your user, so this is a very important step;
- Now that you are logged out, you have to log in again.
4. Connect the SendCloud plugin
- When you are logged in again, go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > SendCloud;
- Enable the module;
- You are now able to press Connect with SendCloud, which provides a referral to the SendCloud login page.
5. Login to your SendCloud account or create a new SendCloud account
Login or create a new account at SendCloud. After authenticating you should see your online store integration.
In the meantime your orders will be fetched and shown in your SendCloud account. The orders will appear at tab incoming orders. After completing the installation, all orders up to 1 month old can be collected.
The installation is now done! 💪
Service point setup
Using the service points is optional, but can increase your conversion. Before you can enable the service points for your Magento 2, make sure you have did the integration correctly. With the Servicepoint location picker your customers can select the closest service point in their neighborhood, where the shipment will be delivered.
1. Add service points in Magento 2
- Log into your SendCloud account;
- Go to Settings > Connected shops, here you will see your Magento integration.
- Click on the pencil to edit your Magento integration;
- Activate the option Service points, and select the carrier of your choice;
2. Configuratie in Magento backend
- In Magento you first go to System > Sales;
- You'll need to choose the option Shipping Methods next;
- Click on SendCloud Service Point;
- Change Enabled to Yes;
- Configure the settings further properly, and set a price;
3. Save the changes
4. Check if everything works
Now that the shipping method is activated in the checkout, your customers are able to select a location in their neighborhood, where the shipment must be delivered.
We always recommend to do some tests afterwards. You need to place a test order to check if you can select the shipping method, as shown in the image below;
Your customer can click on Select Service Point in your checkout, and is now able to select a Service Point on the map which appears on the next page;
The Service Point activation is now done! 💪