Magento is one of the most used open source e-commerce platforms worldwide. SendCloud created a plug & play integration for the Magento V1 environment.
Benefits for your shop:
- Import orders & print shipping labels automatically;
- Get access to the SendCloud location picker: The most complete Parcel shop picker for your customer;
- See the status of your shipments in your Magento & SendCloud environment;
Follow the steps below to do the integration
1. Go to Magento Marketplace
- Go to Magento Marketplace or search for SendCloud in the search bar;
- Click on Add to Cart on the next page;
- Click on the Shopping cart, and next Go to checkout;
- Login with your Magento account, or register for a (free) new account, and follow the steps;
- When you've placed the order, you'll see the next page. Here you click on Install;
- On the picture below you can see the Access key, which is necessary at step 2, but first you have to click on Copy;
2. Go to your Magento back-end
- Click on System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager;
- It's required to enter your Magento Adminstration Credentials next;
3. Paste the Access Key and Install
- When you're logged in, you can paste the Access Key, which you copied at step 1;
- Press Install, and click the Proceed button to confirm your installation;
- When the installation is done, go to your Magento back-end;
4. Cache Flush, and log out
- Go to System > Cache management, and flush the Magento Cache;
- When you see Cache is cleaned successfully, you are required to logout from your Magento Admin interface. This step is required to refresh all the permissions for your user, so this is a very important step;
- Now that you are logged out, you have to log in again;
5. Connect the SendCloud plugin
- When you are logged in again, go to System > Configuration;
- In the left menu, where you see SendCloud, click on Auto Connect.
- You are now able to press Connect with SendCloud, which provides a referral to the SendCloud login page.
6. Login to your SendCloud account or create a new SendCloud account
Login or create a new account at SendCloud. After authenticating you should see your online store integration in your incoming orders.
The installation is now done! 💪
Using service points is optional, and is a way to increase your conversion. Before you can enable the service points for your Magento V1, make sure you have plugged in your Magento V1 integration correctly. With the Servicepoint Picker your customers have the possibility to choose the closest service point in the neighborhood, where their shipment will be delivered.
1. Add servicepoints in Magento V1
- Log into your SendCloud account;
- Go to Settings > Connected shops, here you will see your Magento integration.
- Click on the pencil to edit your Magento integration;
- Activate the option Service points, and select the carrier of your choice;
2. Configuration in your Magento back-end
- In Magento you first go to System > Configuration;
- In the left menu you select Sales > Shipping Methods;
- You should see the Service Point Flat Rate shipping method. Click on the title to see the options;
- Enable the Service Point Flat Rate and adjust the settings as desired. You have to set up a price for example.
3. Save the settings
4. Check if everything works
Now that the shipping method is activated in the checkout, your customers are able to select a location in their neighborhood, where the shipment must be delivered.
We always recommend to do some tests afterwards. You need to place a test order to check if you can select the shipping method, as shown in the image below;
The shipping method is now activated in the checkout of your shop, which means that your customers can now select a service point location as shipping option;
Your customer can click on Select Service Point in your checkout, and is now able to select a Service Point on the map which appears on the next page;
The Service Point setup is now done! 💪